I made a “cooking bucket list” for the summer and one of the items on it was banana bread since I’ve never made it before. I found a great recipe for blueberry banana bread here. Mine wasn’t as brown on the outside as I had hoped, but it was moist on the inside and tasted great!
Blueberry Banana Bread
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 oz blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9″ X 5″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, except blueberries. Add in flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries with a spatula.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool in loaf pan 10 minutes, then let cool completely on wire rack.
What’s your favorite bread recipe?