Whenever my Nana and Papa come in to visit, my Papa always requests that I bake him cookies. For some reason, I have an aversion to baking the same thing twice, so I am constantly scoping out and bookmarking new recipes I want to try. I found a recipe for chocolate peanut better filled cookies here and decided to try them out since I had all the ingredients already. They were very time consuming, but ended up tasting great!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
– In a mixer bowl, beat together sugars, butter and 1/4 cup of peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and egg, beating to combine.
– In same mixer bowl, stir in the flour mixture, blending well.
– In a medium bowl, mix together powdered sugar and 3/4 cup of peanut butter. (may be difficult to get smooth)
– Wrap the chocolate dough around the peanut butter, pressing to seal. Roll the cookie into a ball. Place cookies on a baking sheet and flatten each cookie to about 1/2 thickness. (I used a mug which had a rim around the bottom, hence the weird round marks on mine).
– Bake for 7-9 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then remove and let cool completely.
The recipe ended up making about 24 cookies, but they were pretty big. Also, my photography skills weren’t the best on these cookies, so they might not look too great, but they definitely tasted great!